Category: Broadband Published Date
from MASAHUDU KUNATEH in Accra, Ghana
ACCRA, (CAJ News) - SUBSCRIPTION-BASED digital television service CANAL+Afrique has launched the CANALSAT bouquet in Ghana.
The launch, in partnership with Multichoice Ghana, is part of expansion plans to English-speaking Africa.
John Timothee, the Director of Sales Development and Partnerships at CANAL+Afrique said with exclusive channels, “must-have” channels and a wide range of speciality channels, CANALSAT promised to provide its future subscribers in Ghana a high quality, rich and diverse TV offer in French.
"With the launch of CANALSAT in Ghana, CANAL+ AFRIQUE is delighted to offer all Ghanaians and Francophone communities in Ghana top-quality entertainment in French," he added.
The Managing Director of Multichoice Ghana, Cecil Sunkwa-Mills said, “Multichoice is partner for CANAL because of our extensive coverage and experience in the paid TV industry”.
CANALSAT has over 125 channels and radios stations in French.
This included Over 90 French and international channels covering all topics such as movies, sports, youth, discovery, entertainment, music, news, and topics of general-interest, while close to 30 national or private African channels allowing African expatriates to stay connected to their home countries.
In order to cater to the needs of all viewers, CANALSAT is available through five bouquets (ACCESS, EVASION, ACCESS PLUS, EVASION PLUS and TOUT CANAL), starting at 19 GHc per month, he said.
CANALSAT will be initially distributed in 15 DSTV outlets in Ghana, including 11 in Accra.
Last Updated on Friday, 17 May 2013 08:26
- Nigerian girls urged to embrace ICT careers
- Ghana’s judges to deliver judgements via video facility
- Network Platforms to increase capacity
- Africa's first radio TV goes live
- Sentech benefits from NAPAfrica
- Teraco alleviates Seacom outage
- Offering revolutionises fibre patching
- SEACOM improves Africa's submarine network
- Ghana to retrieve unused frequency licences
- Connection Telecom democratises enterprise vide-conferencing