Category: Investing Published Date
by SAVIOUS KWINIKA
JOHANNESBURG, (CAJ News) - SOUTH African Airways (SAA) has another accolade after it was named the Best Airline in Africa following a global customer satisfaction survey.
The Skytrax World Airline Awards, regarded as the most prestigious accolades for the world airline industry and providing global benchmark of airline excellence, rated SAA the continent’s best airliner for the 11th consecutive year.
Suretha Cruse, Customer Service Executive at SAA, welcomed the latest award.
“It is a remarkable achievement that resonates with our vision, which is to be 'Africa's leading world-class airline.
"We also acknowledge that a fundamental cultural mind-set change towards an efficient service-driven organisation is required in what is an extremely competitive industry.
"Hence, and in line with our long term turnaround strategy, exceptional operational and customer service will be SAA's DNA forthwith,” Cruse said.
The latest accolade is the sixth the company has won this year.
The Skytrax award was a result of a survey of 18-million business and leisure air travelers from 160 countries to decide the award winners.
It covered over 200 airlines.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 15:49
- SA's Liberty Investments evolve
- Outrage at Nigeria airport power outages
- Arik online service changes client experience
- Nigerian airlines get stiff competition from SAA
- New alliance empowers local hubs
- Concern at 'slow' compensation pace
- Aero targets more Western routes
- Ghana to punish pension defaulters
- Nigeria zero tolerance on fakes
- Act review shields Ghana SMEs